Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Staying cool

J's boss had a bbq last weekend and it was fun to meet some of the people that J works with.  One couple there was telling me that in all of the years that they have lived here (and it was somewhere around 10) it has never been so uncomfortably hot. Lucky for us there is a tutti frutti yogurt bar right across the street from our apartment complex.  We have gone a couple of times as a reward for our long walks in the heat.  


We are also staying cool in the pool (which I am so grateful to have access to).  We have spent at least an hour there almost every day we have been here.  Often J will come home from work and head over there with the kids while I go and get my workout in.  Other times I just take the kids there during the day when it's too hot to do anything else.  And every once in a while we all go together.











1 comment: