Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mother of a teenager?

Yesterday was AP's 13th birthday.  I am still wondering how I ended up with a teenager?  I knew he was growing up but it didn't really hit me until last week when a lady at the grocery store mistook him for my teenage brother helping me with my little preschooler (D).  I would like to be flattered and think that it is because I look so young, but it's really that he is just looking so grown up.  He's as tall as I am, there is some definite (though very blonde) growth on his upper lip, and his voice is getting deep.  I admit I am a little sad to see his childhood gone by so quickly, but he was running before he could ever walk, and I get the feeling I will always be sprinting to catch up.  I am so grateful to be his mother and glad that we got to enjoy another birthday!  So on with the celebration...

The day started with Fruity Pebbles (his breakfast of choice) and opening cards.

And a book from us (Dr. Who Monster Guide)

Pictures/cards from cousins


From grandparents

Can you tell how much this kid loves pickles?  He'll eat a whole BIG jar of them and drink the juice.  Sooooo excited about the jar Grandpa and Grandma promised him in his card ;)



At lunchtime we decorated (and ate cupcakes)



  Then we opened more presents



 He wanted to take his birthday cash shopping so we set out for the mall (a 30 minute walk each way).  The absolute best thing (for me) about our walks is watching the three of them talking, getting along, and enjoying being together


 Decisions, decisions


After we got back from our shopping excursion he set to work on another bowl of Fruity Pebbles and the lego sets he had bought

When J got home we had a Snickers Ice Cream cake AP had picked out earlier in the week.  So delicious!

 That night we headed off to Medieval Times for Dinner.  All of the kids loved it!






We were cheering for the Blue Knight, but sadly he didn't make it.

 He did, however, throw AJ a flower (much to her delight)

It was a memorable birthday for sure!


3 comments:

  1. WOW, what a great birthday! Way to go AP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! AP saw someone in the parking lot the other day he thought was Briody :)

      Delete