Friday, July 13, 2012

Sprinklers and Football

After so much sitting (while driving) the kids needed some outside time.  Only they didn't realize it.  So in order to tempt them outside Grandpa offered to turn on the sprinklers.  With a little nudging the kids donned swimsuits, I grabbed the football, and out we went.  







The kids la-uvvvv playing football with their Dad but he was busy prepping a game for AP and Spencer, so I decided to swallow my pride (I have never been very good with a ball) and engage them in a game.  I wasn't planning on getting wet, so I didn't put on my swimsuit. I should have known better.  It wasn't long before they overcame me with the intent of soaking me.  Hopefully next time I'll remember that playing outside with the sprinklers on will inevitable lead to me getting wet and I will just put on the swimsuit... 




I realized I need to let go of my inhibitions more often because my kids could care less whether I'm the best kicker or thrower out there (or that I can't help but cringe everytime I see a ball coming at me), they just want to play.  And it was fun - although I didn't enjoy waiting around for my wet shorts to dry ;)

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of putting "H" in the NFL Draft. She has some pretty good moves :)

    ReplyDelete