Monday, July 9, 2012

sleepover time!

We have had a lot going on the last month and as a result I am getting rather behind on documenting it all!  Time to play a little catch-up.  I'll start with the cousin sleepover we had with Kate's kids the night before AJ's summer party.

The key to a successful sleepover?  Make sure everyone is well-fed.  The problem?  No one seems to be able to focus long enough to eat their dinner (too much playing to be done!  Thus crayons at the table, kids running in and out the door, eating really fast or trying to run off with the plate...)  The result: lots of snacking (a sleepover isn't complete without lots of snacks though right?!)

The boys were fully content to play in the sand.  They could have sat there all night and I would have let them except the hose got turned on and we ended up with muddy boys that needed the tub.
 
Juliet wasn't as interest in the sand.  She just wanted to smile and pose

While the little ones were out back the girls were in front playing "wilderness survival" where they had to scavenge and hunt for food.  They made bows and arrows out of sticks and electric tape.  I was very impressed with their weapon designs and the beautiful flowers Avanlee brought me:


Snuggling up for the night with a movie.  These 3 all started on the floor but the boys ended up in the bed and Juliet ended up in D's sleeping bag.  Around 3 a.m. D decided he wanted back in his sleeping bag and couldn't be consoled because she was in it. In a effort not to wake up anyone else I took him downstairs to sleep.

The big girls watched Super Hero Squad with the little ones for a little while before heading off the AJ's room to watch their own movie (I mean to talk, giggle, and play til the wee hours of the morning...)


How about some art with your breakfast?

Good times, great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment