Friday, July 13, 2012

Downtime

 During our down time we had fun just hanging out and playing games




J ran a D&D and marvel game for AP and Spence


And Grandpa and Grandma introduced us to one of the coolest games of all time: Blockus  

 It's a great strategy game that engages (in my opinion) both sides of the brain.  It requires planning and attention to detail, but it's also fun to see the colors and designs you create while playing too.



In fact we got distracted trying to make shapes out of the pieces and after I started trying to spell my name, we decided we had to see if we could spell everyone's names out of the blocks.

AP made this duck out of his leftover pieces. 

I tell you it is a very versatile game fit for all ages!  Even D had fun adding pieces to the board

1 comment:

  1. I usually love mostly word games, but when we were visiting AP, AJ, & D's cousins in Seattle and they introuduced me to Blockus, I was hooked. I can even get the kidss Grandpa to play once in a while, which is not easy task.

    ReplyDelete