We had the most enjoyable Saturday last week. Our Saturdays are so busy anymore that we usually wake up exhausted on Sunday, but this last Saturday we didn't have a lot of scheduled things going on so we were able to just relax and enjoy it. We were busy cleaning house and working in the yard in the morning. AP helped me get all of the bathrooms done and got right to work on his room. We had signed up to help clean the church but D wasn't feeling well so J took the older kids and I stayed home with D. He helped me clean the kitchen and when everybody else got home we went for a run as a family. Then while the kids played J and I alternated watching/playing with the kids with sprints, shuffles, lunges, etc on the adjoining field. After getting home we had sandwiches for lunch and got cleaned up. Then I took the kids to go pick out a movie while J took a nap. Late afternoon J and I went on a date while the kids watched their movie. We got back early enough that we still had time to go on a family walk, so we went to a playground right by our house.







This was our view as we walked down our street and it made us really grateful to live in such a beautiful place.
On our way home we ran into Sarah, Kandace, and Evan (Kandace's boyfriend) on their way back from Coney's house. We had fun chatting. We have really enjoyed getting to know these girls through Young Women's and also as they have babysat for us and come over to play D&D. We are grateful for wonderful neighbors.
AJ was excited to show me some of the beautiful tulips in our backyard. I love the purple and yellow ones together. I didn't plant them, but they remind me of my wedding every time I look at this spot and makes me smile.
And the orange ones peeking out from under this bush look so bright and cheery here that they also make me smile every time I see them.
No comments:
Post a Comment