Sunday, April 8, 2012

A couple of pranks and our Silly Spring breakfast

AJ had a lot of fun coming up with pranks this year.  As soon as she and D were awake she got started on her jokes.  The first was dressing D up in a wig and and one of her sweaters.


Then she made a cast out of a couple of old socks, plastic grocery bags, and glue.  AP slept in way late so when he got up she told him she had fallen earlier that morning and I had to take her to the doctor.  He wasn't fooled so she decided to wear her cast to school the next day to see if she could fool anyone there.  All of her classmates believed it was real and when she got home it was covered in signatures.



And because we were going to be gone for Easter I decided to give them their Easter baskets a week early. I set the table up for a tea party and gave them each a role as a character from Alice in Wonderland.  J was the white bunny, D was the caterpillar, AP was the Mad Hatter, and AJ was the cat.  







I also set a place for the Easter Bunny.  They were curious about the empty setting so I told them I had invited the Easter Bunny, but he had to decline last minute because someone had stolen their Easter baskets and he was busy trying to find them.  Then we tried to figure out who would have stolen the baskets and why.  The culprit was...



 ...the White Rabbit!  His motive?  One idea was that he was jealous and wanted a holiday of his own, but really it was because he knew that we were going to be gone on Easter and wanted to make sure the kids got their baskets (even though he might seem grumpy, deep down he is really a nice bunny)...  so after we were done eating they went off to find the hidden baskets.



It was a fun way to take care of Easter baskets and April Fool's all in one shot!

*For next year I think I will try this:
http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/03/blog-sway-with-idea-room.html

1 comment: