This was our Summer schedule this year. Pretty straightforward. Chores had to be done before the kids could do electronics, play with friends, or do other fun activities. We did personal scripture study either right after breakfast or lunch (I was going to do our traditional devotional at breakfast time, but Aiden requested being able to read on their own instead). The big kids would read for 15 minutes while Derek and I worked on a verse or particular scripture story. Occasionally Aiden or Aubrey would have to help Derek when I was busy with Darcy. They kept track of where they were at on our blue board.


Below are their chore lists. I assigned a certain number of points to each chore, printed a list for each child, highlighted the days each chore needed to be done, and then hung them in document frames from the dollar store. They used dry erase markers to mark off chores as they were done. At the end of the week we would tally up points and erase the boards to start again the next week. The points they earned from doing their chores each day were added to one big tally for earning a trip to Lagoon. Part of their chores was to do an act of service for each other every day (aka Sibling Service). It was fun to hear them talking about their "sibling service" and to see them help each other every day. They worked hard and earned all their points! Now to figure out when we can make it to Lagoon...
Here is Derek's little chart. Because he can't read yet he marked his chores off on this chart and then I marked off the list where we were keeping track of points. He was so cute about marking off his chores everyday. For dusting we would play a game that I started when Aiden and Aubrey were little (Penny dusting). I put coins where I wanted him to dust (on picture frames, shelves, knick knacks etc) and he would go around collecting the change and dusting. It is now his favorite chore and he will ask to dust!


No comments:
Post a Comment