I am really tired of the paint in my kitchen, but I really hate to paint and can't decide what color I would want anyway. What I really want is a tile backsplash. A light blue gray subway tile would be so awesome. But I have neither the time, energy, or brainpower (not to mention I lack the funds) to find what I want at thr price I want. So I came across some pretty blue contact paper the week before Darcy was due and got to thinking it might be a nice substitute until I decide on something better. Yes that is me the week before Darcy arrived trying to put contact paper in my kitchen. I gave up after sweating over it for half an hour and not being able to get a nice bump free application around the outlets. I'll just keep longing for the tile until it goes out of style and by then maybe I'll have decided on a paint color I like. Anyway that is Darcy in my belly a week before she entered the world.
Still in the belly
And (drumroll) she's out! Hello world!
So I had some major nerve pain post delivery/surgery due to some air displacement. The nurse said the best way to get rid of it would be to hang by my feet so gravity could help out. She was kidding, but I was desperate enough that I almost attempted a headstand in my room. Instead I just settled for downward dog (or at least the closest approximation I could safely do), and hung out in that position for a while.
Isn't she a beauty?!!









































She is a beauty!! I love the picture of her brother sleeping while holding her. There is nothing quite a relaxing and calming as holding a sleeping baby. :)
ReplyDeleteHow cute are you guys? I love this family so much! And don't I have the most amazing daughter-in-law. She is truly the best.
ReplyDelete