Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A lot of love!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day!  I found myself very emotional yesterday.  I just kept thinking about all of the people that have touched my life and how deeply I care for them, and was on the verge of tears most of the day.  Anyway, on with how we celebrated...

We have several families in our neighborhood who have celiac disease and so we have made it somewhat of a tradition to deliver treats on Valentines Day.  However, I knew Tuesday was going to be crazy so, my plan was to decorate cookies as a family Monday night and then deliver them for FHE, but it ended up being a very busy day too!  I was gone all morning and didn't get the cookies and cupcakes started until right before the kids got home from school.  AP had missed over a week of school because of pneumonia so I had gone in at the end of the day to pick up all of the homework he had missed and needless to say we had (still do) a lot of catching up to do!  So I put cookies together while J sat at the table and helped AP with homework (as well as kept D entertained with a board game; he's pretty much superdad).  As I watched my sweet husband sitting there patiently with the boys after a long, hard day at work, I got all emotional thinking about how wonderful he is and how grateful I was for his help and how much I love him!

Once I had the plates all put together, AJ and I delivered them.  Since celiacs tend to miss out on treats most of the time, I know how appreciated they are and it makes me so happy to see the big smiles and sincere thanks we get whenever we deliver a plate.  Tuesday was very hectic day, but when I got home there was a message from one of the moms saying how much their family appreciated that plate of goodies.  She said they were having a rough time and that it had really made the day for her boys.  That made my day (and, can you guess, almost made me cry)!


J brought home roses on Monday because we had decided we weren't spending anything on each other for Valentines Day and that our date would be our gift to each other.  However, he decided that he could get me a couple of roses if he gave them to me the day before day.    He just can't be trusted ;).  He gave me a white and red and AJ a yellow one.  

This year was the first time I can remember, since having kids, that J and I actually went out for a date on Valentines. I was a little sad that we weren't doing a family dinner because we had so much fun last year, but I made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast which we ate together (no pictures) and made sure the kids had a fun dinner of chicken nuggets, mini-corndogs, and french fries while we were gone.  Of course we got out the fun heart stemmed glasses and some sparkling cider to celebrate.  Then they got to watch movies while J and I went to...

 a Valentine's dinner dance!  We even got dressed up.  The first time I have worn my "military ball" dress since... ummm... Arizona?  8 years ago?!  We decided it had been sitting in the closet all bagged up long enough.  So when we saw this dance advertised in the paper we decided we had to go.  We had so much fun and I loved getting all snazzed up and dancing with my sweetheart!  Although if we decide to go again next year, I think we better take some dance lessons first because we were both very rusty... it was fun though to see my man getting his groove on ;)

Love you all and hope your Valentines Day was wonderful too!

8 comments:

  1. This has got to be one of my favorite posts ever. It was so beautiful. You must be contagious, because I am crying too. I know I have said it before, but in the spirit of the season let me just repeat -- I love you so much! You are such a marvel to me :) P.S. My sweet AP sick for a whole week and I didn't know anything about it -- you have got to tell me these things :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma, I miss you. And I miss Grandpa. But most of all, I miss Spence. He's gotten so big since I last saw him (I sound like somebody's grandmother! No offense.)! *sigh*
      3 Tons, 2 Pounds, and 7 Tablespoons Of Love,
      AP

      Delete
  2. How fun! You guys have such an adorable family! That's awesome that you went to a dance. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! That is awesome of you to make treats for others with celiac deisease! Love the breakfast too! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh...* Wish I had a good Valentines Day.
    In TA (2nd period), some kid brought in treats for everyone...
    Everyone, that is, EXCEPT FOR ME!!!
    My comments a little late for V-Day, but I haven't gotten around to adding it 'till now.
    Even though I didn't have a good Valentines Day, I sure hope everyone else did!
    Signed, AP

    P.S. I am in middle school now. I'm a stinking Sevie. I swear, I cannot count how many times I've been bullied. It's not as if I decided to be a 7th Grader. I DIDNT CHOOSE WHEN I WAS BORN, PEOPLE!!! ARENT THERE ANY OTHER SEVIES TO PICK ON!!!??? AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S.S. If anyone knows where I can get modeling clay, wire, and a stopmotion camera, please inform me. I need those items to start making my WebShow (Like a TV Show, only on the web, not the television). This was random, but I need to know and this seems the best way to find out (at the time.)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete