Our dear friends from back east are headed overseas for a few years and were in the area visiting family. We're grateful we were able to see them even if it was a short visit. We first met them while we were in Australia. D and Addie were just babies then. It was fun to see them playing together now. We had dinner and then Kalista taught me how to make pavlova (a popular Australian dessert). It didn't quite turn out because we weren't using a recipe, but I love that Kalista thought of something gluten-free and that she wanted to make it together. I love that girl and am sad that they will so far away, but it gives us a good reason for a fun trip (now to find the time and money for such a trip)! The only the pictures I got of their visit are these ones of D and Addi. Can't believe they were just babies when we met and now they seem so big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Aww, you're so sweet Heather! I sure love you too. You're wonderful. It made my day to read this post! We had such a nice visit with you guys. We love being around you and your family, plus your food is always delicious. Next time I'll remember to bring the Pavolova recipe too. :) After we left I realized I didn't take any photos and was more sad about that than the pavlova disaster! I didn't know you took these and am so happy you did. Please email me a copy of them whenever you have the time! You're right, it's crazy how much they've grown. I'm glad they still have so much fun playing together.
ReplyDeleteKalista the pavlova was not a disaster! I thought it was delicious. Besides those kinds of happy accidents make things more memorable ;)
ReplyDelete