Monday, March 28, 2011
Some goals
A friend shared this article by Julie B. Beck on her blog last week and it has been on my mind ever since. I have really been feeling the need to refocus on what is essential and necessary, to strengthen my home and my family, and to more diligently "guard the gate" of my home. After reading her article I realized I need to set some goals for myself. I appreciated Sister Beck's suggestion to keep a notebook and pen on hand for personal prayer. In the most difficult times of my life I have done this, and it has always strengthened my prayers and therefore me. However, I need to make my prayers more meaningful all the time so I am going to start doing this again (and always). I also love her suggestion to use post it notes in personal scripture study and plan to start doing that as well. I admit that while I am diligent in my scripture study with the kids, my personal scripture study tends to fall to the wayside (and I have a serious focus problem) so I really need to do better with that. I also want to make the time right before the kids leave for school and right after they get home more meaningful. Those times tend to be so rushed and chaotic with getting everyone out the door in the morning and settled once they get home so I need to plan ahead a little better to make sure those transition times go more smoothly for everyone. This is a great article and with so many great suggestions and reminders it is really worth reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am excited to read this article! Thank you so much for linking it and for your post! You are awesome!
ReplyDelete