Thursday, March 17, 2011

Celebrating St. Patty's

This year we added a little more "color" to our St. Patrick's day by adding more rainbows than shamrocks. I made rainbow muffins (idea from fickle pickle) and green eggs for breakfast.

The muffins were a huge hit. The older kids also ate their eggs happily, but D refused. I told him they were yummy and special because a leprechaun used his magic to color them green. However he kept insisting, "No mommy! The leprechaun did NOT spill my eggs." This back and forth exchange took place several times before I finally got it when he added, "he did not spell my eggs with his wand." Smart kid. I didn't say anything about spells or wands but that's what the word magic triggered in his little brain. Here they are enjoying the muffins.

They were excited to wake up to the crepe paper rainbow I made (also got this idea from fickle pickle).

For their afterschool snack I made a fruit rainbow with vanilla yogurt as the clouds.

And once they were done with the healthy treat I let them dig into their pots of gold left by the leprechaun. They were filled with rainbow fruit roll ups, a ring pop, and mini reeses cups and rolos. The fun ended with our traditional irish meal of cornish beef, new potatoes and cabbage. We had a very lucky day and hope you did too!

1 comment:

  1. All these cute holiday celebrations you do make me feel like a little bit of a holiday loser. ;)

    Those muffins look so fun!

    ReplyDelete