AP had Webelos camp mid-July. He was excited to go until he found out AJ was going to the Kluges for a sleep over while he would be at camp. Then he refused to go. After some coaxing though, he was fine.
The boys waiting patiently for things to get started (that must be some kind of oxymoron; boys and patience I mean).

He had a great time doing target practice.

Didn't enjoy the nature lecture quite so much. . .

No pictures of the hike, but he had fun learning about what plants were edible and which were poisonous. He always talks about how he might be a chef when he grows up so, and said he was going to add "hiker's salad" to his menu. Ha, ha. Also, he had to go to the bathroom right before the hike and since we were right by the leaders' quarters I took him into use that one instead of the porta-potties. While he was waiting for me to come out of the ladies' room he got to hang out with the youth leaders who were having a hoola hoop throwing contest. As we were heading back to rejoin our group he said, "Mom, thanks for volunteering to be a leader so I didn't have to use the gross bathrooms, AND so that I could play with those fun hoop things." Ya just never know what's going to stand out in their minds. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment