Thursday, August 6, 2009

Unhappy surprise

We took the kittens in Tuesday for their first series of shots and to get them ID's. We filled out a pink sheet for Sima and and blue one for Tai Karo (aka Stripes). The vet began Sima's inspection and mid-way informed us that she is, in fact, a he. AJ's face immediately fell, but she handled it pretty well. However, when the vet left to get their tags she said, "Mom, what's wrong with Sima, she's not acting like herself." Without thinking I replied, "Well she did just become a he." Then the tears started (I know, I know, mother of the year for that one). Anyway we talked it over and I told her if she really wanted a girl we could take Sima back and trade her for Hopper (who we know for sure is a girl). But as disappointed as she was she loves Sima too much. So it has taken a couple of days, but AJ has finally come around to calling him a he, and we have renamed him Simon (the Sumo).

1 comment:

  1. HAHA that's too funny!! we did that once. Took 3 females over to the vet to get spayed, went to pick them up and was informed that after started to spay the one, they found out she was a he!!

    ReplyDelete