Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunburned, dirty, and worn out!

 AP got back from Scout Camp this afternoon and oh my!  Seeing him walk through the door made this mom's heart a little faint (and not because of his seriously sunburned nose, blackened feet or smelly clothes).  He looked so much older than when he left!    J went up and stayed the first few days; while there he took 93 pictures and it was hard to narrow them down, sooo this is going to be a "robust" post.








Heading down to the lake for a swim

Brrrr!  The water was COLD
AP was about to change his mind so Brian splashed him as he tried to escape
 Considering his options...
  And finally taking the plunge
 That's him in the water next to the dock




He did the class for the sculpting merit badge and had the instructor all to himself.  J said the instructor was awesome and he and AP got along great talking about common interests and while the sculpted.



He really enjoyed archery.  Here he and Rhys are making their fletchings.
Ready, aim...

Now why out of 93 pictures would I choose this one?  Are you wondering what in the world he is even doing?  I did!  I guess it was so cold that he would get in the sun any time and any way he could.  So here he is in between arrows trying to soak up some warmth before going back into the shade again.



 Yummy chili hits the spot at the end of a busy, cold day.
AP was so glad to have his dad up there with him and wished he could stay the whole time.

But he J left him in very good hands.  I feel very blessed that he has such great leaders who really care about the boys and work so well with him.  He had a great experience and I'm grateful for all he learned.  Of course he earned merit badges and learned some scouting skills, but most importantly he got to hang out with  the boys and under watch of awesome leaders!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go AP! You are a much braver person than your grandma -- camping is not my thing, but I would have loved archery. That would have been my favorite activity. I am wonder what was yours. You are so blessed to have a dad who was willing to spend time at camp with you -- and a grandpa who loved doing that with your dad. And kndos to some great scout leaders. I wish I could tell them how much I appreciate them taking such good care of my sweet boy :)

    ReplyDelete