Remember how I said we have been sick all winter?! Well since Spring's not quite here, we're not in the clear yet. Friday afternoon I took D into the clinic because he was really coughing and wheezing, and having a hard time breathing and what do you know he has RSV. We had to get a flubulator (I mean nebulizer, but for the life of us we can't remember from one time to the next what the thing is called so it has become out little joke to come up with funny names for it) and are doing breathing treatments at home. All in all he's doing well and recovering quickly. He has a strong little body and here are some funny stories about that.
Friday morning we had to run to Costco (the refrigerator was truly bare) and D was not happy (when we left for the store he wasn't coughing or wheezing yet so I hadn't realized he was sick). He was really whiny and when he is tired or not feeling good he insists on sticking his hand up my shirt so he can put his hand on my bare belly (I figure it goes back to when he was nursing because he always rested his hand on my tummy so it must still comfort him). Well he was really hiking up my shirt so I told him he needed to put his hand on his own belly instead. He was mad at first, but after a little bit I noticed he was rubbing his belly and singing quietly (to the tune of follow the prophet), "I like my body, I love my body, I like my body so-o-o mu-uch!" I love his little body too, but not so much what comes out of it. . .
Which brings me to the next story. Boogers and snott make me squeemish. No matter how many runny noses and boogers I have dealt with over the years it still make my stomach turn if I see my kids picking their noses anything like that. But even in it's grossness this story makes me laugh so I'm sharing it anyway. So D seems to have had a runny nose all winter, and I have been wiping it a lot. He gets mad at me when I do, so I tell him that it's yucky and we don't want boogers to get in his mouth because they are germy and gross and he will always be sick if they go in his mouth. He tells me the boogers are yummy and not germy and he wants them in his mouth so he likes to be sick. Since that makes my stomach turn I have just started ignoring his protests and wipe his nose without saying anything, but he still gets mad at me. Anyway last week he didn't have a runny nose and that was a bit unusual. Apparently he thought so too because he said to me, "Mommy, I want to be sick!" I said, "What?! You don't want to be sick. It's not fun to be sick," and he replied, "Yes I want to be sick! I want to eat my boogers!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope D is better soon and the rest of your family stays healthy! Spring is coming!
ReplyDelete