Monday, December 29, 2014

An update... of sorts

So I realized that an update is long overdue.  Part of the reason I haven't posted anything is that life has just been so incredibly busy!!  Part of the appeal of moving to the Outback was the assumption that life would slow down a little bit, but instead we seem to be running faster than ever!  Being in a smaller community the kids have the opportunity to be involved in a lot of different things.  St. Philips has a lot of after school clubs available, so Aiden has become involved in Video Game Development and Anime club.  Aubrey has been doing rock climbing club and just finished with the Junior play. The other reason is that this move has just been such a huge adjustment, and it's hard to find the words to sum it all up.  The first few months were incredibly hard for me.  I know it may seem odd, but the smells here are really affecting me. I have missed my family and friends and support system so much.  The yoga options here are limited, a lot more granola, and more concerned meditation than what I'm used to and I lost the consistency of my yoga practice in addition to so many other things and I started getting weekly migraines.  Needless to say I wasn't functioning at my best.  But things are on the upward climb now.  We're figuring things out and I started teaching my own yoga classes at the new Health Club (Lasseter's) that opened right by our house.  I'm finding my groove and so are the rest of us, so celebrating progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment