Monday, December 29, 2014

40 looks good!

Happy Birthday to the hottest, sweetest, most incredible man I know!  I mean really, 40 couldn't look any better than this.  I'm so grateful to have him as my best friend, the father of our children, my example, my strength, and my eternal companion. 

 For his birthday he wanted to go the Ellery Creek water hole to swim, play, and picnic.  Somehow we missed the turn though and ended clear out in Palm Valley.  The roads were incredibly rocky, and several areas were covered in water that was too high to cross, so it made for a very adventurous ride!  It did make me feel like I was really experiencing the Outback though!
 
Darcy mostly just wanted to eat dirt...


Derek and Aubrey had a lot of fun catching tadpoles











It was hot, and Derek finally had enough, so he just laid right down in the shallow water.
It was a great to kick off the big 4-0 with a fun adveture!  Then Friday night I took him away for an overnight excursion, while Aubrey watched the little ones for us.  It was a much needed getaway and I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did!!  Looking forward to at least 40 more good years!

1 comment: