Sunday, April 28, 2013

Theme dinner 2013

As much as I like hosting at our ward theme dinner, and wanted to do a table, I knew I wouldn't be able to pull it off this year, so I didn't volunteer.  We got assigned to the "Spongebob" table.  I needed something simple for our costumes and found a great little idea online to make character party hats.  So I made a Plankton and Mrs. Puff party hat, we donned green and tan t-shirts, and called our costumes good.  
 Derek had a lot of fun with them too!

I didn't get any pictures of the actually dinner, but we had a lot of fun.  Our host couple had decorated with an island/beach theme and we had crabby patties (hamburgers), chips, and salad for dinner.  I took stuff to make pina coladas and they are now a new favorite at our house! Here is the recipe I used courtesy of Smashed Peas and Carrots (http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2012/08/easy-frosty-pina-coladas-non-alcoholic.html)


Frosty Pina Coladas (non-alcoholic version) 
makes 8 cups

1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
2/3 cup real cream of coconut (not coconut milk!)
8 cups of ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix together until well blended.  Pour into glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment