Sunday, April 14, 2013

Projects...

Lots of projects going on around here!  Actually there are always projects in the works, but I am determined to finish a bunch before baby comes.  I only have two months left to get it all done so I have been busy!  I started a kitchen island redo about a year and a half ago and finally had a neighbor come over and finish the trim on it for me, because I was too nervous to do the cuts myself.  Now if I could decide on a finish, I could do that and get the handles back on the doors and drawers.  I am simultaneously trying to finish my banister project that I started in December when we had our floor refinished and wood treads put onto the stairs.  I am almost done sanding and then I can put the stain on the same time that I do the island.  However, both of those projects have gotten trumped by cleaning and organizing bedrooms.  I am in the process of relocating all of my craft stuff, in order to paint so Aubrey can move into that room.  That bedroom is currently a tan color with white chair rail around the entire thing so we are thinking we will paint the bottom half with black chalkboard paint (maybe do something fun with white molding frames) so she will have some artistic freedom, and leave the top half white.  She wants to go with pink, turquoise, and lime accents so I think that keeping the walls neutral is the best way to go (that and like me she tends to change her mind a lot so black and white walls seem to be the safest way to go).  However, with time getting short, it may just have to stay tan.  Anyway, Derek will be taking over her current bedroom, and we will move the baby into his old room.  Phew, there is a so much work to be done, but I am so excited about all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment