I like doing protein shakes for breakfast sometimes and AP has always been good about drinking fruit smoothies, but AJ... not so much. So a couple of days ago I started looking for some shake recipes that I might be able to get down her. I found this fabulous website (
http://fatlossschool.com/76-protein-shake-recipes/ ) and tried the peanut brittle shake yesterday morning. They both loved it! In fact when they got home from school they both (independently) asked if they could have more as their after school snack. Then AP said, "Drinking that shake made me the happiest I have been in a long time. I mean
scientifically happy, you know?" When I told him he'd have to explain what he meant he said, "You know how things can give you a natural high? Like you don't need drugs to fake it? Like when you do something good for you chemicals are released in your brain that makes you feel really good. You know,
naturally happy. That's scientifically happy. That's how I felt drinking that shake and it stayed with me all day." So there you go folks. If you want a yummy, healthy, scientific high, that stays with you all day, try this peanut brittle protein shake for breakfast (how's that for advertising *wink*).
Peanut Brittle Protein Shake
Ingredients:
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 tbsp sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix, dry
1 tbsp natural peanut butter, chunky
8 oz. cold water or lowfat milk.
3-6 ice cubes
So awesome! I love love that explanation!
ReplyDelete