Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mormonads (home-made)

 For Family Home Evening Monday night I decided to do a simplified version of the lesson I was preparing to teach the Laurels on Sunday.  So we talked about the importance of loving ourselves and how that helps us in reaching out to and loving others.  I had them think about someone they really enjoy being with and list reasons why.  We talked about qualities that make a good friend and then I had them make a list of their own talents (J helped D color and draw pictures while we did this).  After making their lists I had them choose one of their talents and come up with a specific way they could use that talent to help someone else this week.  It went really well and was one of the few times that everyone was fully engaged (including D).  I had found an article by President Monson from 1999 General Young Women's meeting that had "Looking Outward" as one of his main points.  I thought that phrase would be a great Mormonad.  So we made Mormonads for the FHE activity that the kids could hang in their rooms as a reminder to be aware of others.

This first one is AP's.  He wrote: Don't have an empty head (the eyeball is looking inwards at cobwebs and a spider).  Look Outward! (with eye stalks looking in every direction)
This next one is AJ's.  Self explanatory I think.
And finally D's.  He had a little help from me (Keep in mind I have never claimed to be an artist, hee, hee).
I love my kids and love seeing their fun ideas put to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment