
We picked up Jake and Brealle at the airport Wednesday afternoon and had them stay with us a couple of days. The kids haven't seen each other for about 2 years so it was nice for them to spend some time together. AJ had fun hanging out with her teenage cousin and Brealle was so patient with her. Brealle fixed AJ's hair so they had matching styles. I am so disappointed that I didn't take a picture! They also played cards (Brealle taught AJ how to play speed) and AJ took Brealle on a walking tour of our neighborhood (they came back red-faced and exhausted, desperate for water). They spent most of their time making necklaces and jewelry though (D and I even joined in on that fun for a little while).
AP and Jake spent most of their time trying out each others' DS games and playing Wii. That night we headed to Maverick to hit Redbox and get snacks. They all stayed up late watching movies and talking.
Then Thursday morning (after sleeping in a little) I took them all to the gym with me. I have a yoga dance class and AP and AJ have kids' yoga. Brealle went to my class with me and did a great job! It is a hard class but she kept up and I was impressed. After our classes and lunch we hit the pool for a couple of hours. The boys had a blast on the slides and AJ played with one of her yoga friends. She was excited to pass the swim test (swimming 25 meters) and get a wrist band. Brealle and I mostly hung out poolside. I don't know why but D did not want to stay in the water. In fact he would panic every time I tried to take him in and just wanted to sit in the shade in a lounge chair. I was surprised because when we were at Cowabunga bay last week he had a great time splashing around in the water, but he didn't want any part of it yesterday.
Thursday night I met up with Jill's dad who is taking Jake and Brealle this next week. We' re glad they came to visit. We had a good time and I'm sad I didn't take any pictures!! We're all getting together for Amber's wedding in a couple of weeks though and then spending a few days altogether at my parents so hopefully I will get some good pictures then!
No comments:
Post a Comment