Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fooled!

I had so much fun with my dinner trick last year that I decided to do another food joke this year. I was going to do mini sandwiches with raw veggies cut really small (matchstick carrots, tiny broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, tiny gherkins, you get the idea. . .) and tell them that dinner shrunk. But I realized they would recognize the pickles (AP loves them and asks for them all the time) and canadian bacon (I use it in their lunches with crackers) and not be fooled. So I decided to use my mom's Thanksgiving joke and do a cornish game hen instead with baby corn. James and Ariel's kids were coming over so I told A&A that we were going to trick them that it was Thanksgiving (I also did a big turkey and regular corn). It worked beautifully! My kids thought they were in on my joke, welcoming their cousins with, "Happy Thanksgivings," and weren't expecting any other tricks from me. . .



2 comments:

  1. You're such a cute mom! i love how you get into holidays like you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN idea! I love it--an april fool's joke that is really fun and funny without hurting anyone's feelings!

    ReplyDelete