Friday, October 16, 2009

So not perfect

Gotta say I agree with Suzy, that while blogs can be a lot of fun they can be a huge downer too. I've had one of those weeks where I look at other people's blogs and realize how truly imperfect I am. I know comparison is not a good thing and we're supposed to focus on our own strengths and talents while appreciating others' . . .but it's just been one of those weeks where I can't help but think, "how does [that person] do it all, with such a great attitude, AND great hair, AND (among other things) perfectly dressed and manicured children in every single picture on her blog . . . and wouldn't it be nice to be like that." But then again I probably couldn't handle whatever challenges she actually deals with (even though there don't appear to be any). So I'll take what I've got and just be happy with seriously imperfect me.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know anyone who really fits that mold. Life's not supposed to be perfect, is it?
    I thinks life's the journey to perfection through practice.

    I need lots of practice. But don't we always tell our children practice makes perfect. So let's keep practicing.

    Wow...That was deep. ;) LOL.
    P.S. I think you're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are probably all guilty of doing the exact same thing. I know I do. I try to remind myself that I can probably only handle the trials I have and even though someone else's life looks great, it might not be as great as I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention, just remember that not everyone posts the hard times in life. A lot of people only post the perfect pictures and the wonderful things that happen in their life, not always, or even ever, the bad or challenging stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I know it's silly to compare and I really am grateful for who I am and what I have, strengths and weaknesses alike. And I'm glad for everyone else's too, because we learn from each other. It helps to remember Sister Holland's tapestry analogy: By themselves the threads are beautiful colors, but the picture they make all together is breathtaking. Grateful for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if anyone is anything like me... I only pick pics of myself and my kids that look good! I'd be super embarrassed posting pics of me looking like the REAL me or my house looking like it REALLY does after my kids have been up for mere minutes or my kids on a day where I don't plan on leaving the house. I love the very wonderful you in all your glory Heath!

    ReplyDelete