Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is Halloween

Admittedly, I am a stick in the mud when it comes to Halloween. After past complaints from my kids about our boring house, this year I made an attempt to decorate inside. I was feeling quite proud of myself until AP informed me the decorations I chose are too “cutesy” and we need to get some spooky stuff like spider webs, bats, tombstones, etc. Maybe next year I’ll get it right .




AP and AJ had fun dressing up. AJ joined the other Hannah Montaniacs while AP chose to recycle costumes from past years to have a one-of-kind-never-before-seen character whose name I still don't know (In fact I don't think he knows either; he just kept telling people, "I am a made-up character"). Gotta love his creative spirit! They were able to show off their costumes at a few different parties the weeks before and of Halloween.

Halloween afternoon we went to the children’s museum for fun and activities. AP was interviewed by channel 5 news but whether he actually made it on we will never know since we were busy doing the trick-or-treat thing.
Besides the usual fun museum stuff, they got to decorate masks, trick-or-treat bags, and pumpkins. There was also a fishing pond, facepainting, and fortune telling.

D was a very cute baby ninja of the dragon clan.
Here they are waiting to go beg for candy. They actually got done pretty quickly. I'm glad they don't care whether their bags are full or not.


Oh yes, I can’t forget mine and J’s costumes. I am always so busy getting the kids squared away that ours are usually last minute throw together kind of costumes. For work J went in a bathrobe with a head full of curlers complete with a pair of fuzzy pink and yellow housesocks. He had painted his face white (you know, a mud mask) but washed it off before going to vote that afternoon. Don’t worry he took off the wig and put on normal clothes before heading to the polls.

As for myself, I found a cool pink wig on sale at Target and dressed as a punker. We both got a lot of compliments on our hair. . . I only wish mine were real; no joking I loved the style and the pink!

2 comments:

  1. Great costumes! It looks like you had a fun Halloween. I personally like the cute Halloween decorations much better than the scary/spooky ones.

    P.S. There is a link for the cute backgrounds on the top right hand corner of our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wig! You are such a beautiful woman. REALLY! Love the costumes. You are brilliant momma and little family. Luvs!

    ReplyDelete