So driving to school this morning Derek said, "It's a good thing we're on time today, because if I am late I will miss the bus." I was only half listening and thought, "bus?" immediately followed by "dang it!!" because I had forgotten it was his choir competition that day! I'm glad he's a responsible kid because he had made sure he was dressed like he needed to be and I was grateful I had at least changed out of my pajamas (although I hadn't had time to dress Darcy), and we were in fact on time to school (we usually are and have never been more than a couple of minutes late, but some mornings we barely make it). So I dropped him off at school and hurried over to the Arts Center to watch his performance. Of course his school was number 2 on the schedule so I made it just in time to watch him.
It didn't take long though (about 30 seconds) before Darcy was done sitting and wanted to climb over the seat (and people's laps) so we didn't stay for the other performances or the awards. Instead we walked over to the playground to get out some wiggles (I was hoping that would help her to sit better, and we tried to go back in, but it just wasn't happening).









No comments:
Post a Comment