Thursday, December 1, 2011

all I want for Christmas...

I sat down with the kids to do their Santa wishlists and as AP and AJ were writing theirs I was trying to help D with his.  I asked him what he might like Santa to bring him and he said, "Uh, a Scooby Doo guy I think.  You know like Dogster (his pug webkinz).  Let's measure Dogster so we can tell Santa what size he is."  So I wrote down Scooby Doo, promised we would measure Dogster and then asked if there was anything else he wanted for Christmas.  He raised one eyebrow and said, "A Happy Family would be a good thing."  I agreed that would be a very good thing and definitely something I want for Christmas.  Then I tried one more time asking if there was a toy or something Santa could give him.  His response was, "I would like Santa to say hi to me."  And there you have it.  I love the fact that even when I kept prodding he can't think of anything else to ask for than a Scooby Doo toy to cuddle, his family getting along, and a hello from Santa.  Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me!

4 comments:

  1. Sound perferct to me too! What a sweet boy. I miss having a toddler around sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute. What an incredibly sweet Christmas wish. I love your family new photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my grandchildren!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet kid!!! Gets it from his mother....

    ReplyDelete