Saturday, August 20, 2011
fun in the country!
At the beginning of the summer we made a list of fun things we wanted to do before going back to school. I admit we have only done about half of them, but I have made sure to do the ones that were most important to my kids. Top of AP's list was to go camping and hunt for our own food. As soon as he said he wanted to do this I got a little worried. We are not campers and I don't know the first thing about hunting or fishing. Especially with J gone most of the summer, I had to get creative. I decided the best place to accomplish this request was at Grandpa and Grandma's house. So I bought a nerf bow and arrow and guns and off we went. Grandpa helped AP set up the tent and then we used our nerf gear to hunt for pretend food (aka each other).
Hanging out in the tent. No one actually spent a full night out there, but they loved playing in there in the evening and at bedtime and were ready to head back out first thing in the morning.



Grandma had also picked up these spinners for them to play with. AP would have Grandpa launch them as target practice. They all got a kick out of trying to shoot them in the air.


Grandma also had a bunch of wood things for them to paint. D (well mostly I, but he did sit with me the whole time and tell me how to do it) did the two on the left. AJ did the horse and the two birdhouses on the right, and AP did the lobster. We always enjoy having some low-key crafting time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment