We have a subscription to Family Fun magazine which I LOVE! The Spring edition had a great article about terrariums, which I knew my kids would enjoy. We went to IFA and Michael's to get supplies. AJ chose Irish moss and Archers gold and got hers put together fairly quickly. Of course AP wanted something a little more exciting, so we are still trying to find a Venus Fly Trap (anybody around here know where to get a healthy one?). He did get his first layer done though, and hopefully we'll get the plant to put in it this week. Here's AJ's finished project.
These are the moments I love. I told them they needed to read or draw quietly while I put D down for his nap, and they did! After I was done with D I came upon this:

And finally the pottery wheel. Everytime A&A have seen this pottery wheel in the store they have asked for it and I have refused. I was afraid it would be another junky thing that promises glorious fun and just ends up being a big pain and mess. Well AJ was with me in Target a couple of weeks ago and saw it on the clearance isle. Of course she begged me for it, and I was reluctant, but let her carry it around while I thought about it. When it was time to check out I decided to go ahead and get it. It has been a huge success (it has been pretty messy so I made them take it outside, but they have been pretty good about cleaning it up). They spent hours with it the first day they were off-track making bowls and vases. It was so nice to see them quietly entertained and getting along so well while they were working away. Here they are painting their creations. The cutest part was when they broke into song (unsolicited). I guess I should also explain that AJ is in her swimsuit because we went to the pool a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment