
Last week weekend we flew to Oklahoma to visit J's parents and little brother for a few days. AJ was very excited to learn that Grandpa and Grandma's house not only bordered some woods, but they had seen coyotes and foxes out there. She was determined to have a sighting of her own. Unfortunately that never happened, but she did have fun on her nature walk with Grandpa and Daddy. She made the "bridge" so that baby foxes could cross safely.

On Saturday we took a drive to the Oklahoma temple. D stayed with Spence. It was cold out! J and I had only brought jackets and I was shivering so much he gave me his to layer over my own. He had to be freezing but didn't let on. What a man!

After the temple we visited the Federal building memorial. Sad, as can be expected at any memorial. There was a chair sculpture for each person who died in the bombing; the most heartbreaking were the tiny little chairs that represented children who had died.

Love the quiet moments; especially when they involve a book and snuggles!

Not long after they moved in, Grandpa had a storm shelter dug in their garage (had to get ready for those tornados!). He was excited to show us and the kids were excited to see it; until he told them about the spiders he had recently found in there. Then A&A couldnt' get out fast enough! D liked it though and the rest of our visit he kept begging to go to the "goj" and when took out diapers he would point insistently at the hatch door. Gotta say, I understand. It's the kind of thing I would have
loved as a kid (I admit it got my imagination going).
Sounds like it was a good trip!
ReplyDelete