Ah, yes. Nikki reminded me that I haven't given a house update. . . How to make a long story short? We offered on two different short sales: one I LOVED and one that I liked. And then we kept looking, in case nothing happened with either. Well the first got assigned to a negotiater and is still a long way from going anywhere. So we looked into getting an apartment and waiting it out on the second, but couldn't find anything with lease terms that felt right to us. So with two weeks to homeless we made an offer on a house just a few streets up from us (not a short-sale). Things are moving quickly, given we only made our offer last week, but we'll still have a one week lag before we can get into the new place. We (minus J who has to stick around for work) are going to stay at my parents while we wait (thank goodness the kids are off-track; although it has made packing hard, at least they won't miss school). We will have to store our stuff for a couple of weeks too, thus the pod planted in our driveway. So not the ideal moving situation, but if it was it wouldn't be us! And all things considered, while things aren't going quite like I had hoped or planned they seem to be working out pretty well. So how's that for a long story?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Short sales just sound like they would be really tough. I hope all works out good for you guys. I love all of your kids and your husband's Halloween costumes.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found a house! Once you're moved in and settled you might decide it was the perfect one! It is good that you aren't moving far so your kids won't have to change schools. How about your ward? Will you still be in the same one too? Well I can't wait to see your new place! Good luck with moving! I hope it isn't too hard. :)
ReplyDeleteSo you need to visit our ward every now and then...guess you will be closer than everyone thought! Do you like the house? The yard? Do you need help moving?
ReplyDeleteLove your blogs Babe... hopefully we'll be through this moving period soon and you'll be able to blog about the new locale. You're the best!
ReplyDelete