We celebrated Father's day early in anticipation of J being gone this month. However, the camera battery was dead and we couldn't find the spare so there are no pictures to document the fun; but I'll still give a quick run-down of the weekend.
On Saturday (two weeks ago) we went to "UP." I tried to talk J into just taking A&A and leaving D with me, but he wouldn't hear of it. So he spent the entire time entertaining the little one so that I could sit through the whole movie. I haven't been able to do that in
ages. Such a sweet man. Oh, and I loved the movie. The beginning is sad. . . AP and I both teared up.
On Sunday we had chocolate chip cookies and opened presents: mostly stuff for work--a silver tie from AP, a green and yellow one from AJ (they picked them out themselves), a green coordinating shirt from me (they have green shirt day in Oz), and a couple of belts (he lost his favorite one off his backpack while biking into work). I also gave him the X-Men 3 DVD and he got himself a GARGANTUAN frost dragon, so we had to have a little battle. I got to be the dragon (ah, the power) while he, AP, and AJ whittled away at me. Yup, they won. My favorite part though was D, who kept swiping the dragon, laughing, and saying RRRrrrrr.
D and that dragon (he still growls everytime he sees it)

Speaking of D, he doesn't say much. Actually, let me rephrase that, he says a ton, we just don't understand most of it. He's good at making sounds: barks when he wants to go outside (that where the dogs are,
obviously), and growls when he sees any other animal (both real or plastic), but his only real word has been "ba" (for ball). But yesterday, I guess in anticipation of Father's day, or just because he misses him so much, he climbed up on the couch, pointed at J in one of the wall pictures and said with a big smile, "Da." Then he pointed at J in the one next to it and said, "DAAA!" He also got his first haircut (had to take care of that mullet he was sporting) and just this week, the little man gave up his crawl. He is walking (or rather running) now. And it's the cutest thing watching him swagger around.
That was brilliant Babe. I love your blogs... you have a knack for taking even small comments and conveying a wealth of richness and meaning as well as character and personality. I love it; thanks for the great blogging.
ReplyDelete