I knew better than getting her white pants. She came home covered in grass and mud stains. When I asked her how she got them, I got the "no duh" answer: recess with the boys. All I can say is thank goodness for bleach.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
random tidbits
sunshine in the morning
Breakfast with a book (usually comics)
New seating arrangement. . . D has decided he doesn't like his chair and wants a big one like the rest of us. The problem is that he can't reach the table sitting and has taken to tipping. So back to his seat he goes (not looking forward to the fits in getting him there).
Her cute new outfit. She insisted on having these pants. You can't see it but they have a cute pink and white polka dot tie belt, and even though they are white they were 50% off , so I relented (afterall it's hard to beat $6).

I knew better than getting her white pants. She came home covered in grass and mud stains. When I asked her how she got them, I got the "no duh" answer: recess with the boys. All I can say is thank goodness for bleach.
When she saw how many weeds AP had pulled (see below) she couldn't be outdone and got right to work! I would have made her change into grubbies, but I figured she couldn't get any dirtier than she already was. Here she is exhausted from her own weed pulling (that's my little drama queen).
Last week I sent AP out to get some fresh air and exercise while I put D down for his nap (not really expecting the exercise to happen, but figuring he'd at lease get some air while digging in the sand). About 45 minutes later he came in red-faced and sweaty. I was pretty impressed and quite pleased to learn he had been picking weeds that whole time. He has been asking for extra jobs to earn money and asked if he could get paid for pulling weeds. The sandbox weeds are generally part of their Saturday chores, but our sideyard is quite overgrown so we decided that he could get paid $5 an hour for pulling those weeds. He got right to work and has done a great job clearing it out. That whole mud/dirt area previously looked like the area to the right.
Of course he has to get the roots for it to count so out comes the shovel! The best part about the whole thing is that he said work isn't so bad and he actually kind of likes doing it (this is coming from the boy who is "allergic" to work). In fact he asked if we could create our own family holiday: work day. I told him we already have that everyday and I'm glad he finally wants to celebrate it with me.
I knew better than getting her white pants. She came home covered in grass and mud stains. When I asked her how she got them, I got the "no duh" answer: recess with the boys. All I can say is thank goodness for bleach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AJ'S new pants are very cute, she already has great style! Her answer to why they were dirty made me laugh. That's awesome AP thought of pulling weeds on his own and that's he's enjoying work! I bet he'll be so proud when he gets paid. Fun random tidbits. :) I can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!! I wish just one of my kids would weed. I don't think they would even do it for money.
ReplyDeleteHer white pants are just like my teens. So she obviously knows what the girls like.
very impressed with the weed pulling,that's amazing! I found your blog through Tisha's I wanted to add yours to ours. We just started a private blog not to long ago, if you'd like an invite send me an e-mail @ carmelldc@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI am not able to be the weed picker I usually am since being pregnant and uncomfortable bending over. If AP wants more fun work he is welcome to come to our house! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments. I use photoshop elements. It is the older version. I would love to have the new one but this one works for now!! Erik's homecoming is on the 14th if you didn't know already. He comes home on Wednesday!! Take care!
ReplyDeleteTisha