We finally made it back to Sydney for some sightseeing. Our intent was to stay the long weekend, but it was rainy and quite chilly (I won't say cold out of respect for those of you putting up with snow) and we ended up only staying one night. We got in Friday night just in time for J to make the last temple session of the day (it started at 7:30 and he got there at 7:28). I went for a session Saturday morning and it was such a neat experience! Below are some pictures of D sleeping in the car (something he rarely does--unlike most babies he starts to scream when the car starts). Also shown is a picture of A&A in front of the temple.

What a sweet little face! I was trying to capture the length of his lashes. . .they amaze me.

Argh, bright light! And then he woke up.

Sydney Temple

After I got done at the temple we headed to Sydney Harbor. We took the ferry to circular quay where we saw the Opera house and then took another ferry to Darling Harbor to visit Wildlife World. AJ was in heaven while on the ferry. Even with the rain pelting down and the wind blowing her around she wanted to stay out on deck (while AP preferred to stay in the cabin where he made all sorts of new friends). When we docked one of the crewmen told me "she was
just gorgeous out there," and insisted on sending her off with a makeshift poncho (garbage bag with a hole cut out the top for her head). One mom also told me AP "was
lovely to entertain my son" while on the ride. I love the Aussies' descriptive terms!
It always seems to be that boys get the long eyelashes. Those are sweet pictures!
ReplyDelete