Sunday, September 28, 2008

We're so glad when Daddy comes home!

J arrived home safely and I can speak for us all when I say we are all so glad to have him back! I’m not quite sure why, but this particular trip seemed especially long. A few weeks into it, AJ asked how much longer Dad would be gone. When I told her it would still be three more weeks, she got a very sad look and said, “It’s just that when Daddy is gone too long, I start to forget what he feels like.” Of course! Pictures of him are all around so she knows what he looks like, she hears his voice on the phone so that’s not hard to forget, but I can attest that few things in the world feel as good as his hugs and I think we all start to feel a little hug deprived after a while. So it makes perfect sense when he gets back that she can’t stop touching his face, patting his arm, hugging his leg. . . She’s just reacquainting herself with what he feels like, and truth be told I can’t wait for my turn either!
He got these cute M&M shirts for the kids while on his trip. AP has dubbed them the "Three Mn'teers"


3 comments:

  1. It sure looks fun to have Daddy home! Your blog is looking great and it's fun to keep on those darling kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family! So glad you are all back together. Love your kids! Miss you guys!

    Love,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. so yummy looking! D is certainly smily!

    ReplyDelete